From: Shawn Grover [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 3:41 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Querying a table for its columns

one method, which would avoid system tables, or other vendor specific
methods, would be to simply do a "Select * From Table" using CFQUERY, then
using the ColumnList field in the result list - it's a comma delimited list
of all the columns.

On SQL Server you can query the system tables (I think it's sysobjects you
want here).  I'm not sure about the system tables or methods available to
Oracle or MySQL.

Hope that helps.

Shawn Grover