> I found out that my problem is related to the fact that I use
> MySQL. When I use MS-Access as the backend everthing seems to work

sorry, been at another site all day.

i kind of thought that might be the case--mysql isn't particularly suited to
i18n apps, doesn't do unicode, etc. though the driver mm uses (mm.mysql) claims
to handle double byte data. i guess have a look at what options for character
encoding that driver has to offer.

> Now is this an CFMX-issue or an MySQL-thing??

since i can work plenty fine with just about any language w/cfmx & sql server i
will take a stab at blaming mysql...