I have a group of checkboxes that I am converting into a list, but I
would like it to where if the person does not check any of the boxes,
that it at least puts the value of NULL into the DB. As you can see I
have tried <cfparam> but that does not work for lists I suppose.

<cfparam name="attributes.chkOption" default="NULL">

   <!---Insert the options into the options table//--->
  <cfloop list="#attributes.chkOption#" index="j" delimiters=",">
   <cfquery datasource="#request.site.dsn#" name="insert_options">
   DECLARE  @maxid int
   BEGIN
    SELECT  @maxid = MAX(ID)
    FROM   options