This was bound to happen with Thawte.  Verisign's original strategy was to
keep the Thawte price low, but make them maor challenging to deal with. Now
they have almost doubled the price, bringing it to just above half of the
Verisign offering.

I think that the low priced offering from Equifax
<http://www.geotrust.com/equifax/> has taken the regulatory pressure off of
them to keep their price down.