I have a site where I save the user login information in a persistent
cookie. The cookie is set as an individual email address (eg.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]). I have been running into some problems where the cookie
value gets reset as some random number like 8499 or whatever. I have no idea
how the cookie is getting reset. I know this is happening because people are
entering contests and they are being directed through a link in an email
(which I also send out), before I insert the contest entrant I do a cookie
check, and then I insert. When I look at the result of lot of entrants are
showing as userID = 1234, when they should all be showing email addresses.
Anyone have any ideas.

thanks,

David Caplan