Ryan, if you’re just asking for how to determine the identity of the authenticated user, check out cgi.auth_user (and the related cgi.auth_type).

Or are you asking something else? (Even reading the replies since this original note, I’d rather ask than guess.)

/Charlie

From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ryan Sabir
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 1:46 AM
To: 'cfaussie@googlegroups.com'
Subject: [cfaussie] Web server level authentication

Heya folks,

Say I've set up IIS authentication on a directory, so if I go there I get a standard browser popup window asking for a username and login... Is there any way I can use ColdFusion to get the user authenticated to that directory. Basically treat it as if the user had entered the correct username and password, and don't pop up the login request?

thanks.

Ryan Sabir
Technical Director

p: (02) 9274 8030