That is an unreasonable comment, Mark.

We aren't asking for something "new" to be added - we are just asking for something that already (almost) exists to be made "standard".

MM introduced CFSCRIPT in the first place (maybe it was because someone asked for it - I dont know) - but they should now SUPPORT what is there and make it standard.

Regards,
Gary

On 5/9/06, Mark Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It might be better get Adobe to update the cfscript tag to include
> lang="ecmascript" that way it opens to door to lang="java" or whatever
> your favourite language that has a java compiler for it. Thus by
> default lang="cfscript" and then you're open to mix and match
> scripting languages to you hearts content.

I've heard this suggestion before too...

Cool so now we have cfm, cfscript, server-side actionscript (whatever
the hell that is), mxml,  cfECMAscript... I know I'd just love to
support all that if I was Adobe.

Intertestingly enough Sun are working on allowing php, python, ruby
etc... to also run on the JVM
( http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2006/02/02/LAMP-Java-Sun),
maybe we can also get all of this in CF? That way you could pick
languages like you pick underwear (hopefully one for each day of the
week).

--
Mark Stanton
Gruden Pty Ltd