Garu = Gary .. one of his questions was to spell my own name... damn that double T, it always gets me.

On 5/15/06, Scott Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Garu Menzel from ABN AMRO had some curly ones that tripped me up (mind you not very hard).

I'd ask them freakout questions aswell whats the preferred route in terms of CFLOOP if you first have to re-serialze the data into either an array or structure.

I mean either way if they answer it,  you could pass them (semantics aside) but it atleast makes them think about the problem and provide a written response vs re-gurgitating how a tag is built in terms of syntax?

From an OO perspective, you could breakaway from a CF syntax approach and ask them to describe how they would go about building a sony discman in OO (ie play,fast forward, rewind etc are methods and a CD could be considered an entity within a class etc).

Again, no specific right or wrong answer, but gives you an indication of how the candidate will break the problem down into pieces and assemble it.

That or you could simply do a drug test.. now if they pass, don't hire them..as it takes some serious dosage of crystal meth to be a good CF`er ;)