Hi.

Does anyone know how to monitor the actual downloaded size of a web
page ? ie how many bytes are actually sent from the server.

I am trying to optimise my pages and am experimenting with client
caching etc and am trying to measure  / check how much data is actually
sent from the server so I can test various options.

I ran a test just using the View Page Info in Mozilla and it returned
just the size of the html and didnt count the data in JS src files (for
example) - irrespective of whether the file was in the cache or not.

I guess some kind of port monitoring software could work ??

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Murray