I agree with Steve - I've come across a number of people who follow
the view of charging for being onsite etc, but I have a hard time
justifying to myself charging for anything other than just the exact
hours I worked on documentation and code etc.

Toby

On 23/06/2006, at 1:38 PM, Steve Onnis wrote:

> As a contractor, I would only bill a client for the time I was
> working. If I
> go for lunch and I am working while im eating then yeah I would
> bill you for
> it. If I totally stop and have a break then no I wouldn't bill you.
>
> As an employee I don't get paid for lunch so as a contractor I take
> the same
> principle.
>
> Taking that contractors view, where do you stop?
>
> If I wasn't working on site I would be working from home and I
> wouldn't have
> a shower and I would just get up 5 minutes before I am gonna start
> work and
> park myself in front of the pc when im ready, so that mean I start
> billing
> you from when I drag the sheets off myself in the morning?
>
> I would be telling him that he's more than welcome to bring his
> fresh soup
> in to the office and eat it there but I wouldn't be paying him for
> a lunch
> break if he is actually completely stopping for lunch.
>
> Steve

        Life is poetry, write it in your own words

Toby Tremayne
Senior Technical Consultant
Lyricist Software
0416 048 090