Dale Fraser wrote:
> Yep I saw it to which lead me to conclude that it cant be done.
>

> Regards
> Dale Fraser

On the contrary - Not only could it be done, it's actually quite easy.

Just add you function to Application.cfc:
<cfcomponent>
<!--- All your onApplicationStart/End, onSessionStart/End,
onRequestStart/End, etc, etc. --->

<cffunction name="maxFunc" output="false" returnType="string"
access="public" hint="">
        <cfargument name="str" type="string" required="true" />
        <cfset var returnStr = "ReturnVal: " & arguments.str />
        <cfreturn returnStr />
</cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

Call you function from any .cfm page:
Hello Max<br>
<cfdump var="#maxFunc('Well Hello Back!')#">

That should work just fine.

Have a good weekend everyone,
Max

p.s.
FYI: The function could even have access set to "private" and it would
still work