From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Beenish
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:01 PM
To: cfaussie
Subject: [cfaussie] Changing HTTP responses

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this can't be done but hoping someone can prove me wrong.

I need to track click throughs on a link accurately without it having any
url parameters attached to it. It has to be a clean link straight to
"http://www.thesitesname.com.au"; for the purposes of search engine
optimisation.

It has been suggested to me to look at a way of changing http responses. So,
the link redirects to a page to track a click and then change the http
response so that it looks like it never went to the click tracking page and
redirect to the "http://www.thesitesname.com.au"; as if it was where it was
going there in the first place. In a way I'm trying to "fool" the search
engine into thinking it's a link straight to
"http://www.thesitesname.com.au";.

I don't see how this can be done. In fact I don't think it can be done.
Please prove me wrong and tell me how to do it or else prove me right.

Thanks

Beenish