Hi Mark,

I have done all that.. followed the sftp.cfc readme to the letter

1. Put the cfsftp.jar file on your web server.
2. In CFADMIN select Java and JVM from the server settings and add the
full
path to the cfsftp.jar file to the ColdFusion Class Path.
e.g. c:\cfsftp\cfsftp.jar
3. Restart ColdFusion server.

Then I get the error as described when calling the init() method of the
sftp.cfc

I have a fair bit of experience calling and using java with
createObject, but only with calls to classes..

output = createObject("java","java.io.FileOutputStream").init()

but not:

jsch = createobject('java',"com.jcraft.jsch.JSch")

Cheers,
Adam