I guess it became a thread, I really just wanted to get CF onto Google's radar.

Charlie Arehart wrote:
> Well, more to the point, I see you've started a thread there:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Code-Search/browse_thread/thread/65dc0
> 9d9cd1f5e8e/b90ddf080ecba3af?lnk=raot#b90ddf080ecba3af
>
> Another created today is:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Code-Search/search?group=Google-Code-S
> earch&q=coldfusion&qt_g=1
>
> Those are the only 2 that come up in a search there for coldfusion or cold
> fusion.
>
> Do you have any sense of whether such discussions have an influence on them?
> Or is that just where people will argue with us about why CF is undeserving?

I've made the perhaps rash assumption that Google will look to oil the
squeakiest wheel given that everyone has chimed in to nominate their favourite
language.

> If you do think that they listen, then do you have any sense whether in that
> group it's better for people to add comments to your thread, rather than
> create new ones? We don't want to be seen as impolite guests, when we're
> asking to be let in. :-) Just wonder if you or anyone knows how things are
> done best there, whether in the forums or otherwise.

LOL! What would we give for a view inside! But no, I don't know or have a sense
of how we might best lobby for CF to be included in Google CodeSearch. In fact
I'm not a big fan of forums, preferring email lists as venues for community
discussions.

> /charlie
> http://www.carehart.org/blog/

Cheers,