Claude, why does the client care?

ask him what the business reason is that sparks his interest.

if he's afraid of committing to CF for a long term strategy, then the fact
that Adobe owns CF (and is committed to growing it) and how long it's been
around should be enough for him.

microsoft killed off ASP classic in favour of ASP.NET. No easy migration
process. and now my ASP.NET 1.1 code won't run on my 2.0 boxes... and 3.0 is
comming.
However, Alaire, MACE and now Adobe have been committed on not breaking old
code with new versions. Now *that's* some business reasons to stick with CF!

Claude, this really sounds like a client trying to blow smoke up people's
bottoms with heresay and part-formed knowledge. Sheesh! there are still
multi-million dollar projects being written with Progress 4GL right now. You
could say that that stuff is as outdated as COBOL and yet it hasn't stopped
those projects.

so what for what _business_ reasons_  does your client care? does he specify
database vendors too? How about operating systems? type of workstations the
code is being written on? the colour of your tie?

just a thought
barry.b