I use the CFFORMS almost exclusively now.  I always thought CFFORMS
was a GREAT idea, but was disappointed in what a dog it was.  now,
with CF7, it performs as advertised.

The XML format is a hugely underrated thing.  I have written a very
simple tool that looks at a table and automatically creates a XML
form, complete wiht validation, mandatory fields,  drop down selects
for any date fields, etc.  It does the vast amount of the grunt for a
form in about 30 seconds, then 10 minutes to tweak and tidy up adn
its' done.  Complete with all the javascript validation.

The XML format flies.  It's completely stylable using the supplied CSS
files or make your own.  I am yet to be convinced about flash forms
because they seme to take too long to load, but XML forms load at the
same speed as the rest of your HTML.

And you dont have to konw about XML to use them, although you can
tinker around with the XSL if you know what you're doing and feel
inclined to.

Give it a try.  It's not hard.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month