I'm having some weird results with these two.

I had put a cfstoredproc inside a separate file and i was calling it
with a cfmodule, like this

<cfmodule template="closerequest.cfm" reqid="#URL.tqd#"
actcode="#URL.ActCode#"/>

Then closerequest.cfm contained this

<cfstoredproc procedure="closeReq" datasource="webreg">
        <cfprocparam type="in"  cfsqltype="cf_sql_bigint"
value="#attributes.tqd#">
        <cfprocparam type="in"  cfsqltype="cf_sql_char"
value="#attributes.ActCode#">
</cfstoredproc>

The problem was that closeReq was being called twice.  The first time
it ran fine, but the second gave an error (as it should because the id
was no longer valid)

But if I replace the cfmodule with a direct call to the stored proc,
then it runs just once (as it should)

I'd rather call it from a separate file so that I can re-use the code
for other purposes.  Has anyone else experienced this problem with
calling a template containing a cfstoredproc ?

The second problem was with the cfprocparam.

There are time when ActCode will be NULL, so I added  the null="yes"
attribute.  But then it runs with NULL every time, even when ActCode
isn't NULL.

To get around it I had to use a test to check for the existence of
ActCode, something like

<cfif isDefined("ActCode")>
       <cfprocparam type="in" cfsqltype="cf_sql_char"
value="#attributes.ActCode#">
<cfelse>
<cfprocparam type="in" cfsqltype="cf_sql_char"
value="#attributes.ActCode#" null="yes">