Hi

I have a query and I am wanting to determine the total sum of the cost field
for all those matching records so that I can determine the total amount of
cost of all records found by the query

I know I can create the formula to add the values through each pass of the
output of the cfloop of the query, however I am wondering if I can do the
same within the query eg

<cfquery name=monthly_cost>
Select sum(cost) as total_cost,*
from transactions_table
where transaction_month like 'December'
</cfquery>

so the the value #monthly_cost.total_cost# has value of the sum of all cost
values from the records found in the query

Kind Regards

Claude Raiola
B.Econ(Acc.); B.Hotel Mngt.
Mobile: 0414 228 948