The funny thing is, Excel recognises these numbers as dates. If I paste one
of the numbers into Excel, then do Format Cell > Date and choose the last
option on the list, Excel will happily turn it into a correct date. To my
thinking, it must therefore be a fairly standard way of formatting a date
and yet I can find nothing about it anywhere.

Very weird. More Googling needed I think.

Thanks for all your help.

--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s)
named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or