when you say not super fast, but fast how long would you expect a 1
record index to take ? on our servers this can be 10 seconds and
upwards per CFINDEX call. hence the need to call cfindex via a
schedule.

but if i do the same cfindex call with 100 rows it may only take 20-30
seconds.

this causes a problem when i need to re-index a whole site, (which is
infrequent i know) because i cant use my schedule with a one-at-a-time
cfindex loop like i could in 6.1 to re-index as its waay to slow (a
cfindex on 6.1 was like 1-2 seconds for a 1 row query).

So i guess i need to change my schedules so that i minimise the amount
of calls to CFINDEX. eg. if i need to re-index 1 row then i call
CFINDEX and take the hit in the scheduled task, but if i need to re-
index 100 i still have the same number of cfindex calls because i
combine the data into 1 big query. Does that sound like a better
solution ?

Does anyone else on the list notice the performance hit with CFINDEX
calls ? maybe its our setup causing the problem...

Pat