Actually Ray is wrong so to speak...

It is a known fact and even though in some cases it makes no difference as
the speed differences are very slight, but it is personal preference and
nothing more. As far as best practice goes, I would be more concerned on how
to optimise the server processing if it is needed.

Another thread / post on CF-Talk with some tests, actually shows that
depending on the OS one can run slower than the other and vice versa.

So if speed an execution is a concern when it matters, use whichever is
needed to get that speed increase for your intended platform. Otherwise I
would use what is best for your situation.

--

Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.