Perhaps you could import it into MS Access (by hand) then into Oracle. I am a
MS SQL user myself so I do not know what oracle tools there are available.

>>> grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 14/06/2007 9:53 am >>>
Hi y'All

Here's the scenario: we have a csv file that contains 1.5 million rows and
is provided by an external vendor. we need to either (a) parse the csv and
insert into a DB, or (b) do lookups directly on the csv.

We do not and cannot have SQLloader. The DB is ORA10g. The servers are old
and under fairly high load all the time.

We've tried splitting the csv into smaller chunks and inserting into the DB
and also trying a SQL link straight into the CSV. Anything we try time's out
and basically brings down the server.

Who can shed light on the most efficient way to solve this problem?
Thanks
Grant