Thanks Leon, makes sense now!

From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Leon Seremelis
Sent: Tuesday, 9 October 2007 9:57 AM
To: 'cfaussie@googlegroups.com'
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: Parallels or Bootcamp?

Bootcamp doesn’t emulate anything it simply allows you to partition and dual boot into Windows at Startup. Bootcamp simply contains all the drivers that allows Windows to function with Mac hardware.

In my experience Bootcamp is the most robust of all the options since it doesn’t have to emulate anything. You also get to use the full power and memory of your machine. The benefit of installing Parallels and BootCamp is that in Parallels you can run Windows programs directly from OSX.

By installing Parallels using the “use BootCamp partition” option you don’t have to re-partition the drive again for virtualization.

So, the benefit of doing it this way is if you run out of memory or a program doesn’t run in Parallels you can just re-boot into BootCamp and use your machine as a normal Windows box ensuring maximum speed and compatibility.