On Oct 31, 1:47 pm, "Barry Beattie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Just about everything, although the urgency has disappeared because
> >  the customer won't pay for the development time.
>
> well, security is not their primary concern, perhaps?
No, probably not, but its no longer about that customer, Its just that
I want to figure it out for possible future use.

> FWIW
>
> there's another version for entering the password as used by my Credit
> Union which shows a QWERTY keyboard (it looks like a Java applet) but
> it moves around the screen (foiling position grabbing).
>It moves just
> a bit on page loads and every password character entry.
>
> https://netaccess.qtcu.com.au/QTCUV45/ntv45.asp?wci=entry
>
> I find the QWERTY keyboard idea cute because those with vision
> impairment (or low tolerance for anything too tricky) have a format
> they are used to (as opposed to "search and  destroy" key finding).
>
> I'm much more comfortable to use a dedicated password than, say, a
> 4-digit PIN for web access to my accounts - just from a customers
> point of view...

I've had enough of dedicated passwords simply because I now have so
many of them that I can't remember them all.  I suppose I could use
the same one everywhere but system imposed password cycling usually
stuffs up that idea.  I'm also approaching this from a kids point of
view, hence my original example.  If you were 10 years old wouldn't
you find it easier to remember "dog, BMX bike, football, yo-yo" than Q!
et56$jT