From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 7 January 2008 3:39 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: Problem with double quotes and SQLServer

Well when i add a description like 42" wheels myself on the production
server, it stores in the database just fine. But when the client does
it, it doesn't.  So there's something different about what the
client's doing.

The client's not what you'd call computer savvy, and isn't cutting and
pasting from a word document so I dont think the problem is they're
using the MS Word smart quotes (66/99) and I'm not.  That's why I
assumed the problem must be that they're using Vista (their computer
is brand new) and it's putting a different character in the field for
the double quote character.

But i'm open to any suggestions.   It's very frustrating trying to fix
a problem when i can't reproduce it myself.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month