Hi Ian,

I'm not on 10.5 (but 10.4) and my default JVM is 1.5.0_13. If you specify
a path in jvm.config, I think it should be:

java.home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0

But you should have to set it at all - Please try toleave java.home just
blank as in:

java.home=

Would it start then? It then should pick up whatever the symbolic link
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK is
pointing to.

If leaving it blank doesn't do the trick you could try to change
CurrentJDK to a different JVM, i.e. 1.4.2 (I assume your default would
point to 1.5.0).

What's the response if you type java -version in a terminal window,
i.e. which version of JVM is used in there?

If all that still doesn't help then try to get the SoyLatte JVM 1.6
and give it a try with that - this one would be not official Apple-Java
but a port from FreeBSD to OSX and it's structure is much more like the
non-Apple JVMs, i.e. it has a /jre folder etc...

Cheers
Kai

>Hi Mark,
>
>Applications/JRun4/bin/jvm.config looks like this:
>
>#
># VM configuration
>#
># Where to find JVM, if {java.home}/jre exists then that JVM is used
># if not then it must be the path to the JRE itself
>#
># If no java.home is specified a VM is located by looking in these
>places in this
># order:
>#
>#  1) JAVA_HOME environment variables (same rules as java.home above)
>#  2) bin directory for java.dll (windows) or lib/<ARCH>/libjava.so (unix)
>#  3) ../jre
>#  4) registry (windows only)
>#
>
>java.home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home

Kai Koenig

Director & Software Solutions Architect
Ventego Creative Ltd

154 Parkvale Road, Karori