Hi Kay,

Sorry, I don't know enough about the FCKEditor to know if this is useful...
but I'll have a go anyway :)

Are you using the scriptsrc attribute on cfform?

<!--- Example only --->
<cfform scriptsrc="/jscripts/MyCFIDEscripts">

This is generally how you handle it for other scripts (I believe you'll need
to copy the whole of /CFIDE/scripts)

Again I don't know much on this topic, but I'm wondering if scriptsrc
negates the need for "the basepath attribute" that you describe.

Cheers.