Mike Kear wrote:
> A question for those who have CMS systems ....
>
> How do you folks handle previews?    The preview function in my CMS is
> less than perfect and I'd like to do it better.

> Another method i've seen is having the CMS working entirely from a
> preview table, which is a duplicate of the 'live' table.   Changes are
> written into the preview table and previews are assembled from that.
> When changes are committed to the live site, they are copied across
> from the preview table.
>
> I'm looking for some advice about how the rest of you handle preview
> functions in applications like CMS systems.     How do you handle
> this?

We use two tables but not as described, we have a table that just has
content in it and one table of control data. Every time the content for
a page is saved in the editor the entire content is saved in the content
table so there are umpteen versions of the content. Flags in the control
table indicate which version is the live version and which is the
currently being edited one so going live with new content is just a
matter of flipping flags.

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan