Hi Andrew,

this is already worked out but here is an alternative CF answer which
makes me ask "was '2 mins 50 secs' an actual time?" because:

<cfset addTime = 0.00208101851852 />
<cfset thisTime = CreateTime(0,0,0)+addTime />

<cfoutput>
thisTime:       #thisTime#<br>
formatted: #TimeFormat(thisTime, "HH:mm:ss")#
</cfoutput>

gives me 2:59.

The nice thing about CF is that it is like Excel in that everything
internally time-wise is a decimal day and you can do straight sums on
times if you feel so inclined.

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan