I believe if you do a search on the Adobe website for "multi homed
coldfusion" you'll find various articles on recommended setups for
Coldfusion when it comes to charts and other things relying on the CFIDE
directory. I believe the IIS and Apache connectors have some sort of
magic in some cases to make this work.

Cheers
Gareth.