Great to hear. I'll check for more details in my morning. 'night all. :-)

/charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaus...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Matthew
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 11:21 PM
To: cfaussie
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: Web service not working after CF8 upgrade

@Steve: I get you now. Yes, I can invoke the component e.g.
CreateObject("component","test")

@Kai: I don't think that issue is applicable because you're talking
about consuming a web service. I'm talking about publishing one.
Regardless of this the WSDL isn't being registered in the admin
because it's not even getting to that point because it's not even
resolving due to the error so it must be something else.

@Charlie: yes I'm expecting to get the WSDL. When I view the source I
just see 18-20 blank lines (in CF7 I used to get the XML/SOAP dumped
to the browser as you'd expect). Calling the method via the browser
had same effect. Calling the CFC via the browser had the same effect.

I think you might be onto something Charlie because I just isolated
the CFC in a new folder with it's own App.cfc and it worked. You must
be right. The parent App.cfc is guilty. I need to investigate. Thanks
a million.

Cheers
Matthew