Hi Ray - and everyone else.

It is an object returned via the CF9 ORM.
So it actually contans "other" objects via its relationships, too.

Interestingly I could serialize the individual sub components without
error.
But as a whole - it didn't seem like to it.

I did notice in the java stack trace, that it ended with "stack
overfow".
So there might be some kind of circular reference via the
relationships that is causig my woes - I really don't know.

But via CFdump it all outputs fine and dandy and "without" the "see
this object" that you normally get when you have a circular reference
showing up in cfdump.

I am happy to provude the code, if that's going to help... I am
certainly not beyond thinking that is my code (ORm relationships etc)
that could eb at fault - But thought I would see if there was an
apparent "easy" answer first, that I had overlooked.

Gavin.