Date: Wednesday, 12th August, 2009

Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm

RSVP: http://groups.adobe.com/posts/a3159d35e2

Please RSVP before close of business today

We've been busy looking for ways to bring life back to User Groups. This
month we have an international guest in person, Kai Koenig. As well as
some announcements and discussions about the future of the Coldfusion
Usergroup in Brisbane.

Presentation #1 - Coldfusion JVM Performance Tuning ( Kai Koenig )

ColdFusion IS Java, we all (sic?) know that. But what does it mean -
besides the fact that CF stores a whole bunch of .class files in the odd
folder? We're going to have a look into the fundamentals of the Java
Virtual Machine and what it does in combination with CF. A particular
focus will be on JVM "tuning", how to get an idea of what's happening
inside your JVM and why it's sometimes better not to touch and "tune" a
working system :)

Presentation #2 - Modular Flex Development and the Mate Framework (
Gareth Edwards )

Looking to Develop more than just a dashboard in Flex ? have you given
thought to how it will Scale ? We'll talk about Design and Development
considerations, as well as have a look at the Mate and how it fits in to
the picture.
Agenda

6:00 - 6:45 PM - Doors Open, Welcome, News, Food and Drink
Doors Open
A welcome to CFUG / Discussions with Fellow Attendee's
Food and Drink Available
Quick News about items in previous or coming months.

6:45 - 7:45 PM - Presentation #1

7:45 - 8:45 PM - Presentation #2

8:45 - 9:30 PM - Prize Draw / Q&A / Discussion

9:30 PM - End of CFUG

If you wish to attendee this months CFUG, please RSVP below.

Hope to see you there.

For further updates and RSVP, please visit.

http://groups.adobe.com/posts/49bfc505f0

Gareth Edwards
Queensland Coldfusion Usergroup Manager
ghedwa...@gmail.com