Steve Onnis wrote:

> Now this is what i am thinking.  What if you could point the mail spool
> folder to somewhere on a network path and have a number of cf servers
> pointing to the same mail spool location.  Would all these servers
> process the mail?  Would there be locking conflicts between the servers
> trying to get the mail to send out?

I think it would be horrible as AFAIK CF reads the folder, builds a
struct of emails to send and then hands that to javaMail under the hood.
You would get all the servers trying to send all of the mail, then some
would find mail files missing and get very confused.....

> What if you could assign one server to process mail and the other
> servers deposit into that server?

Now that is an idea. A bit like using iMS's <cf_mail> tag to flick the
email to somewhere else to worry about and then get on withg doing CF stuff.

> Any thoughts?

I just took a peek in the admin API and there is a mail.cfc there, might
be worth taking a look

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan