I can't believe how timely this is!  I had JUST started staring at
this date and begun thinking about how i was going to deal with this,
when this thread popped up.

@Paul i think your answer is tres elegant.    Thanks.

@Steve your solution looks elegant too, but I just KNOW what would
happen in my case - i'd miss off a close bracket or something.   I
know it would happen because i have little invisible gremlins sitting
on my shoulder that wait for me to code lines like that and fire a
spark or something at my keyboard so it misses off keystrokes.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month