On 15/04/2010 08:29, Barry Chesterman wrote:
I have seen 8BG recommended a couple of times around the net, what sort
of load do you experience off your server Kai, and do you find that your
8GB is mostly utilised, or could you get away with say 5 or 6GB of ram?

We at mbcomms have just moved a client to a virtual environment with a bunch of CF9 servers running on 4GB RAM each. JVM set to take 3GB and 1GB left for the OS, etc. Seems to be OK but a tad more memory for both might be a good thing, we are still fine tuning. We might wind a couple up to 6 GB and give CF 4GB and compare those with the 3GB ones.

Got to love a virtual environment, just wind the hardware up and down as needed :-)

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au