Hi All,

Trying to get some input on a memory management problem we're having
on our server.

Been getting strange out of memory errors, under minor server load -
about 10-30 requests per second. What we saw via fusion reactor
monitoring was the memory slowly increasing over a period of about 5
-10 minutes under load until the JVM ran out of memory.

I've isolated a particular cfc which will cause the out of memory
behaviour under load testing, and I've temporarily patched it by
calling the java runtime and manually garbage collecting when this cfc
is called. (Not sure if this is the only problem, but its the best
replication of the problem I have).

I've also moved the JVM across to Jrocket from Oracle and tried a few
tweaks to the JVM memory management settings to settle the process
down. This had made a significant problem, and my best guess right now
is that its something to do with the memory management for the various
generations.

I've been digging through memory dumps to find the problem, but I
can't find anything suspect in relation to coldfusion classes.

I've digging around blogs/forms/adobe documentation and I haven't been
able to find too much info on similar problems.

The most useful post I've found has been this,
http://www.schierberl.com/cfblog/index.cfm/2006/10/12/ColdFusion_memoryLeak_profiler
but the suggestions made do not seem to be the cause of the problem.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, and can point
me in the right direction with regards to some possible longer term
solutions.