On 17/05/2010 11:00, BarryC wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone on here run coldfusion 9 on windows server 2008, 64 bit?

Yes, heavily.

We are running in to some performance issues which seem to be at an OS
level and I'm wondering if anyone else has used this configuration
with success.

No issues whatsoever once we got used to the "style" of Win2008 R2, it's a very nailed-down OS. A cluster of servers running at 5 - 8 concurrent continuously with SQL2008 backend, also 64bit.

The servers run at minimal CPU usage, the restrictions are memory ones rather than grunt.

We also have a couple of web-only asset servers spitting out all of the graphics, etc., with a NAS behind them and they do put in the occasional pause waiting for things so your running of a NAS might be the issue. We run full CF code on every server with a sync tool to keep everything in order. and the speed of response.

(All of the above is VMware Virtual Machines running off a SAN so there is network latency for the disks, just a different sort)

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au