On 18/05/2010 11:03, Scott Thornton wrote:
My thoughts exactly, I'd love to see it separate.

It is quasi separate, here is the tool:

http://www.cflib.org/udf/cfMailFactory

AFAICT CF is using JavaMail under the hood to actually send the emails and there is a scheduled thread in CF that scans the spool folder and hands the mails to javamail to send. If javamail doesn't like the email then it hands it back and the thread puts it in the undelivr folder. So there isn't a separate service per se just a internally scheduled thread.

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au