I don't think that's the issue - us date formats would only kick in with the
named formats (i.e. "short"). Since he provided the format, the output
should be a generic string in that format.

Mike, when I've had that issue I got around it by outputing the month with
the abbreviation rather than the number e.g. 9 Jun 2010. Both ColdFusion and
all the DBs I've worked with accept the format, and they have no need for
best-guess interpretation.

Blair