try putting a cfsetting at the top of the page

<cfsetting requesttimeout="9999999" />

  _____

From: rai...@ozemail.com.au [mailto:rai...@ozemail.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 9 June 2010 10:44 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com; coldfusion-ho...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] CF Query Timeout

Hi

Is there a way that I have prevent the cfquery from timing out

The sit is running on cf8 server in a shared hosting environment

I am creating a complex excel spreadsheet using <cfxml variable="varname">
that holds the xml for up to 20 different worksheets created on the fly.

Given the volume of records in each worksheet often I generate the error

Error Occurred While Processing Request

The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: CFQUERY

I have tried to specify the timeout value in each query to a large amount of
time however the timeout error still generates within 1 minute of the page
starting to process the data.

I have ensured that I am running queries of queries where possible to
prevent unnecessary queries to the sql database however this seems not to
have had any effect.

If anyone has some suggestion I would be grateful.

Regards

Claude Raiola (B.Econ Acc; B.Hot. Mngt)
Samaris Software
Email:  <mailto:i...@trackingcentral.om.au> i...@samaris.net