Steve I'm not sure what you are asking.

What exactly do you want returned?

How are you attempting to get the information?

What sort of domain model are you attempting to implement here?

If you are looking at filtering data globally, you may want to look at
Hibernate Filters:
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.3/reference/en/html/filters.html

However, that can only be implemented through the .hbmxml files.

Mark

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Steve Onnis <st...@cfcentral.com.au>wrote:

> I have been playing around with the ORM stuff in CF9 and i was wondering if
> someone can answer something for me. Can you filter associated objects
> without doing it through the cfproperty where clause?
>
> The online docs say you have to do it like this....
> <cfproperty name="unsoldArts" cfc="Art" fieldtype="one-to-many"
> fkcolumn="ARTISTID" where="issold=0">
>
> I want to be able to do it like this ORMExecuteQuery("from art where issold
> = 0") but because the comes back as an array it doesn't work.
>
> Anyone shed some light on this?
>
> Steve

E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

cf.Objective(ANZ) - Nov 18, 19 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training
www.ColdFusionOrmTraining.com