I agree. Where we are not using result attribute on older code we use scope_identity() without issues on CF8 and we have never changed drivers.

Paul.

On 16/08/2010 8:02 AM, Scott Thornton wrote:

I have seen similar behaviour, I think it was with CF 8.

Using the Set nocount on option seemed to help.

<cfquery datasource="ds" name="qInsert">

set nocount on

INSERT

INTO TableName (Col1)

VALUES ('foobar')

SELECT @@IDENTITY AS 'NewID'

Set nocount off

</cfquery>

Is there an updated driver for SQL Server? I have come across this issue where if i run this query:-

<cfquery datasource="ds" name="qInsert">

INSERT

INTO TableName (Col1)

VALUES ('foobar')

SELECT @@IDENTITY AS 'NewID'

</cfquery>

Under CF8 it errors saying *_qInsert_* is undefined but under CF9 it runs fine.

Steve

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cfaussie" group. To post to this group, send email to cfaussie@googlegroups.com <mailto:cfaussie@googlegroups.com>. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cfaussie+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:cfaussie%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cfaussie?hl=en.

--
Paul Kukiel