Nice one Kai. I'd also like to add, as Dale mentioned earlier that CF9 brings
better/easier solutions to such problems.

Instead of trying to bring a 'like for like' port from CF5 to CF9, take a look
at what's broken and learn the modern alternatives. Enter CFSPREADSHEED.   Or
at least I think that's what it's called :)

Using the jdbc/odbc bridge is banhammered in my environment, because it's not
portable to non windows platforms. Even if we never get off windows it's worth
thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone