I would jump straight to 9 too. Since the code was written in 5 it probably
would be a quicker process to go to 9 and a smoother transition too. Setting
up data sources and custom tags shouldn't be a problem.

If you go through all the levels then it would be more labour intensive with
no visible benefits.

Run the code through the code checker. It will help heaps and make sure your
testing thorough.

I have migrated apps before if you (as I am sure most of us have) if you
want some help.

Cheers,
Simon

On 13 September 2010 17:23, Kai Koenig <k...@koeni.de> wrote:

> Well - you probably would have to manually recreate the datasources.
> Copying custom tags across by hand can't be that bad either. Have a look at
> what the custom tag paths are and how they're stored.
>
> You _will_ have to look into a bunch of issues.
>
> Cheers
> Kai
>
> When I did so on the test server none of the odbc connections transferred
> across from cf5 to cf9 non of the only some of the cftags came across and
> those that did they did not work as cf9 appears to place the cf tags related
> files in a totally different directory path to cf5. Hence my thought of
> taking smaller migratory steps
>

> Regards
>
> Claude Raiola (B.Econ Acc; B.Hot. Mngt)
> Samaris Software
> Email: i...@samaris.net <i...@trackingcentral.om.au>
> Website: www.SAMARIS.net <http://www.TrackingCentral.com.au>

Simon Haddon

Woman loves feeling danger and speed. That is why woman wants man.  They get
a speed rush that is the most dangerous of all.