This month, we're trying something a little different, with three
presenters rather than the usual one.

The topic is ColdFusion i/o, or "Getting In and Out of ColdFusion",
ie, communicating with other environments from the ColdFusion Server.

I asked for speakers who could deliver 30 to 45 minutes on a
technology  of their choice:

Robin Hilliard

Stop that Response! Getting Pushy with ColdFusion and Data Services.
When the closing html tag of your HTTP response leaves the data centre
you'd normally have no chance of reaching out from your server code to
change the contents of the resulting page in the browser. But with a
nifty, easy to use custom tag developed by RocketBoots... you can.

Robin is Chief Technology Officer and founder of Rocket Boots.
He is an experienced software architect, with a particular focus on
Adobe's Flash platform.

Steve Onnis

Gateway services and connecting to the jabber IM XMPP gateway and
connecting to an XMPP IM gateway through JAVA including logging in,
sending messages and implementing long polling through AJAX

Steve is manager or our Melbourne CFUG and long-time practitioner in
the CF space.
He provides web application development services and hosting through
his Inevative and NovaHost companies.

Phil Haeusler
Passing strongly typed data through remoting and webservices

Phil is a long-time ColdFusion developer and administrator and has a
deep understanding of how ColdFusion does what it does.   He is a long
time RocketBoots partner and CodeWar quiz-master.