What is interesting is that in your dump there are 2 values inside the
struct that apparently appear to be called "contactsettinginverse" (see 3rd
from the bottom).  And the first one appears out of alphabetical order,
indicating there is something odd about the first one.

From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaus...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Andy Heng
Sent: Thursday, 9 December 2010 1:22 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Weird Structure Behaviours

Hi,

    This is a very particular behaviour occurred and I'm not sure why it is
the case.

    The code is structured in the following:

        <cfset thisReport.qs.contactsettinginverse = 'true' />
        <cfparam name="thisReport.qs.contactsettinginverse" default="false"
type="boolean" />
        <cfdump var="#thisReport#" />
        <cfdump var="#thisReport.qs#" />
        <cfdump var="#thisReport.qs.contactsettinginverse#" abort="true"/>

    (The result of this on the browser is given on the attached image.)

    And here the weird thing appeared.

    In the first dump and second dump, it shows that
thisReport.qs.contactsettinginverse = true.
    But when I attempt to dump thisReport.qs.contactsettinginverse directly
on the third dump, it returned false

    So yer, I wonder if someone can spot what I did wrong because I have no
clue what went wrong here.

         Thanks, Andy