Hi Everyone,

We did think Dubbo could be an issue which is why we expanded the
location to anywhere in our region (roughly around Lithgow through to
Broken Hill, QLD border down to around Cowra etc).  The idea was that
for people in Sydney, especially Western Sydney, that it wouldn’t be
much of a hike to a location like Lithgow.  But I guess anyone who had
already seen the ads probably didn’t look again to see it was no
longer Dubbo based.

The suggestion of someone working remotely was knocked on the head as
it was considered unworkable for this type of job.  I'm not saying
that I agree or disagree with this but it was not an option
unfortunately.

@Mike
That really sucks and would not have been a nice position to be in.
With us, once the paperwork is in place and signed off (very important
step) there wouldn’t be any “oh that shouldn’t be there” type of
issues with employment.

While no sector is 100% secure and government jobs are not as secure
as they once were, in our region I can only think of one staff member
who lost their job in the 13 years I’ve been here.   Our unit always
survives restructures …. sorry I mean workforce realignments 

@Barry
One of the large Sydney TAFE Institutes replaced CF with .NET after
having continual problems trying to recruit CF developers.

There was also a very long discussion on here last year after JB Hi-Fi
started doing the same thing.

Cheers
Mark