On 16/05/2011 11:19, Brian Knott wrote:
Guys just a quick HTML / CSS question.

I want to have some text pop up when I roll over some words. I can
create a div and turn the display on/off with the onMouseOver function.

The issue is that I want to have some HTML with an unordered list.
Presently the pop up text is moving all the other text down when it
appears. I want the new pop up text to display over the top of the
current page. It’s just like a more info box hat should pop up on the
screen. Anyone seems some good examples of this.

if you are using jQuery then Impromptu is very good as a dialog box-style thing:

http://trentrichardson.com/Impromptu/index.php

if that is over the top then maybe along the lines of ImagePreview:

http://james.padolsey.com/demos/imgPreview/full/

we use both with great success

--
Yours,