Dale,

That doesn't indicate that Java is not installed, java can still be
installed and not have the JAVA_HOME and path variables setup.

I also will make the assumption that you have tried downloading the file
again, and running it as an administrator.

I was able to install it on my laptop here which does have a JVM installed
but it is not accessible via the commandline because the JAVA_HOME and path
has not been setup to find the JVM.

But it does sound weird what you are experiencing though. At what point are
you also seeing this error, is it when running the installer, or is it after
patching the hotfix and running CFB, or is it when it is unpacking the file
to install?